I have lived all over the United States and have called most states home at one time or another and I have lived in five of them for several years at a time:
- I was born in Augusta, GA and lived there several times.
- Grew up on Cape Cod, Mass and if I had to call one place home this would be it as so many of my family memories are so closely tied with this place.
- I lived and had my daughters in Dallas, TX.
- I spent most of my adult life in Indiana always wishing to be elsewhere, Florida in particular. I never adjusted to being land locked.
- Now I reside in the state I’ve called home in my heart before I even moved here – yes it’s Florida. I can’t imagine living anywhere else.
As for the other 43 states I’ve lived in (excluding HI & AK) I lived in each for a weekend, a week or even a month or more. For two years I lived in a minivan/camper which I called home. So whatever state that campervan was in I was at home. You will find more on this adventure at my Jubilee Journey blog under the “My Jubilee Journey Journal” category.
But the one thing that stands out when I think about what home is are the three people in this photo below because without them there is no home. Home truly is where the heart is.